Monday, June 2, 2014

May Favorites



OMG you guys! May is over. When did this happen? But you know what that means...it's my birthday month now! Woop Woop! Okay, let's get serious here now. May really did go by pretty quickly, but I did try a lot of new products and actually discovered oldies that I once liked but kinda forgot about but now I love again. It's one of those kinds of relationships.

Let's get started!

Makeup
As you guys know from my previous posts, I bought the new Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette. This is a really nice palette for spring/summer. The colors are very natural and you can either play them up or down. You can create a lot of different looks with this palette and the colors are just amazing.

Another product that I have also mentioned in previous posts is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation. This foundation has moved into my all time favorite category. It blends in so nicely with your skin and is a pretty good coverage foundation. I also found that this foundation can easily stand on it's own. When I am in a hurry and just need to slap on some foundation and go out the door this is it, because it does not feel oily (like most foundations do) without a powder to set it. It dries matte and still so far no breakouts!

I love this mascara simply because it does what I want it to do without making my eyes itch. I have tried many mascaras and I have a lot that I love, but the L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara is the only mascara with the formula that is sensitive enough for my eyes. This mascara also does a great job in making your eyelashes look super long and very full. 

Nails

 I am not a big Essie nail polish fan, but this came to me as an impulse buy. To me it's very expensive and I find it chips very quickly, but I got this one to try to give Essie another chance, and no I'm not impressed by the formula. But this color is to die for! It is currently what I have on my nails now and it is in the shade Bikini So Teeny. How appropriate for spring and summer!? The down side is I find myself using a lot of coats when I put this on and I have to reapply every few days, but I love the color and that's why it is in my favorites for May.

Fragrance

This first one is another impulse buy that I got ages ago. It's from Victoria's Secret and it's the Noir Tease Body Mist. I really love this scent. I have used it almost everyday for the month of May. It's the perfect girl scent. I can't really describe the scent of it, but it just smells sexy! That's the best way I can put it. It is also light enough to wear anywhere, and the bottle is small enough to put in your purse to carry around everyday.

So when I am not using the Noir Tease by Victoria's Secret, I use my Daisy by Marc Jacobs perfume. I bought this around Christmas time as a present for myself because I feel like every girl should have at least one pretty expensive perfume that is her signature smell. And yes this is mine. But in winter I didn't use it as often because it does smell very florally. However, it is perfect to wear now and I am loving it. It is very subtle but still noticeable. I love it when I catch a wiff of myself when I am wearing this because it's like oh my god that is a smell-gasm! Also the bottle is so cute and that alone makes it one of my favorites.

Randoms

I got the Jergens BB Body Cream in a Birchbox a few months ago and I love using this as a BB cream on my face. This cream smells so nice and it makes your skin feeling very smooth. It does have a tint to it, so it is very nice when you are in a hurry and don't have time to put on makeup, or even when you don't feel like putting it on.

So yes summer is here and I can not stress how important deodorant is! I got this Secret Clinical Strength deodorant as a sample, and I am buying the full size when I am done with this. So far this is the only deodorant I know that can handle my armpits being out in 90 degree weather all day. It has a very floral smell to it but it is not overpowering. So far nothing has been able to beat this one. 
Even though it is not winter anymore, it is still important to moisturize those lips! I love the Vaseline Lip Therapy line. It makes my lips feel super smooth and not flaky. It's great for keeping your lips hydrated and protected by the sun. 

This soda is the bomb dot com! This flavor of Mountain Dew is only available at Taco Bell, but for a limited time you can get Baja Blast in stores. When I heard about this I had to drive myself right away to pick up as many as I can. I LOVE this soda and I LOVE that this soda is available in stores now, even if it is for a little bit.

Lastly, on my favorites list is this Bed Head Small Talk. This is a hair thickener and I have had this product since I cut my hair short. The lady who cut my hair used this on me and I fell in love right away. It smells like candy. It is literally candy for your hair. All you need to do is put a small pump in your hand and rub it in to your damp hair and it leaves your hair smelling nice and it gives it amazing volume. 

Thank you so much for reading! Let me know what your favorites for May where and leave me your site! I'm always looking for people to follow and blogs to read. Have a great month of June lovies!  


No comments:

Post a Comment