Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Best Thing for Your Eyebrows

Now if you're like me, you are in desperate need of something to fill in those brows! Back in the day, it was the coolest thing ever to have super thin eyebrows. I have spent many years plucking these suckers so they were a thin line that they just wont grow where I want them to grow anymore. It's not even thickness that I have a problem with. No it get's worse. My eyebrows aren't long enough!

I have spent a long time searching for something, somewhere, that could do these poor bad boys some justice. Something to fill them in and give me eyebrows half as nice as Lucy Hale's (super jelly). I have tried E.L.F, N.Y.X, Maybelline, you name it an I've tried it. And now they were good, don't get me wrong, I just wanted something that made them look a little more natural. I felt like every other product gave me descent eyebrows that you could tell were drawn in.

And then, out on a crazy spending whim, I decided to pick up the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil. Okay yeah, you have heard it before. This product is ALL over YouTube. You can't go on someone's channel without an eyebrow tutorial with this product somewhere in their videos section. But I kid you not, this does wonders! The best part about it is that it comes in more than just blonde, ash, brown, or black. This company made inbetweeners! They are genius! My hair is currently black, and I'm sorry I don't care who says it, black hair and black eyebrows aren't cute! It's not even natural!
(Rule of thumb for eyebrows: go two shades lighter. It's always easier to add more then take away.)

I have bought the Brow Wiz in the color Brunette, and I still feel like it is a bit too dark,  but I have recently picked up the next shade down which is Ash Brown. The pencil is very thin, which makes it very easy to sculpt your eyebrows to how you want them to look. Even with the darker shade I was able to use softer strokes to make the color not be as harsh. However, I will warn you, that because it is a smaller tip it will take you a bit longer than a thicker tip or wax on an angled brush, but the results are worth it (less messy). The pencil also comes with a spoolie brush on the other end, which is great to blend any harsh lines you may have to give you a more even and natural look. And I know I didn't have one of those in my kit, so it came in handy when I used it. I also go over with Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara just so my wild hairs stay in place, and the color lasts all day!

Now this product retails for about $21. Definitely not the cheapest brow product out there. But you do get what you pay for. You can easily go to target and buy their E.L.F brow kit that comes with a small brush, wax, and a powder for $3. At the store though, they only have one shade, on the website you get four options to choose from. It isn't bad, I have used the E.L.F brow kit for about a year. But it is not as precise or as natural looking as the look that the Brow Wiz gives you. It is definitely worth the investment, if you were as desperate as I was. But if you are looking for something to just enhance you're already perfect brows, I'd suggests go cheaper. I would recommend this to anyone though. It is my holy grail for eyebrows. I worship this pencil, I do not think I will ever change it because I just love it too much.

Thank you for reading! Hugs and kisses!
<3


4 comments:

  1. Hey :) I love your blog would you like to follow each other?
    if yes follow my blog and let me no on there and I will follow you back :)

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for sending me your blog! I checked it out and I love it! Definitely followed you and I hope you'll follow me back!

      Delete
  2. I have heard all the good things about Anastasia's eyebrow product. Too bad they don't have it here in Indonesia :/

    Thanks for sharing.

    Felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I love this product so much and I don't know what I would do without it. But thank you for reading!
      And thank you for sending me you're blog. I loved it and you are absolutely gorgeous! I had to follow.

      Please follow back. I'd love to stay connected!
      xx

      Delete