Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Review | Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Foundation



Hello lovies! It has been so long since I have written a blog post. With final season quickly approaching and battling the flu for the past few days, I have literally done nothing but sleep in my free time. However, I did have a chance to stop by and pick up a new foundation at Sephora last weekend!

I decided to try Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour full coverage foundation, with SPF 15. I have always used a drug store foundation, and I just wasn't happy with the coverage it gave me. Either you had descent coverage or you did get full coverage but it left you feeling very oily throughout the day. I really wanted something that would cover up my acne scaring and under eye bags as well as possible, and I think I have found that product.


I stumbled across this product while watching YouTube videos, what's new, but so many people raved about this product. Now, it's not like this product is completely new to me. I have heard about it before, but I never really wanted to try a higher-end foundation, especially since my skin isn't very acne prone, but I have a lot of scaring because I do pick at my acne when I do get them.

Now, even though this product retails for $38 it seems like it wouldn't be worth it. Wrong! A little goes a looooong way! I noticed that right away when I was testing out the product at Sephora. It is very easy to get too much of this product on you, I found working in small dabs works best for applying this. But this product blends so smoothly and so evenly it's like magic. It is very light weight, and does it's job perfectly. This foundation nearly gets rid of all my acne scaring, but not only that, it also makes it look like my pores have disappeared, that there is no dot of black heads on me, and covers up my veiny purple eyes with no problems. I obviously use a light concealer before applying this product, and a matte finishing powder just to add the perfect seal to it. I would say this product does in fact last for 12 hours, and does what it says it claims. My skin has never looked so good with a foundation, and so far no breakouts or oiliness!

Left is without and right is with foundation, concealer, and powder

Would I say that this product completely makes your skin flawless? No, I don't believe any product would do that, but I don't want flawless skin. I just want a foundation to clean up the nasty creatures on my skin, and make me look alive and healthy. I do have freckles, and they do peek through the foundation, which I love! I don't like a perfectly spotless face, I like my freckles and marks. So would I recommend this product? Absolutely. If you are in the market for a foundation that will give you're complexion a nice even look, this is it. It makes you're skin look smooth, while still making you look like you. This company is also against animal cruelty, which of course is always a bonus in my book! And this product is a vegan product, which means all natural baby! I couldn't be more happier with this foundation, and definitely will stay in my collection for quite sometime.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I have never tried the tart foundation but it looks amazing on you:) Ill have to try it
    have a lovely day

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! I have never really either, but I thought I would give it a shot. I always thought that Tarte was too over priced for what you purchased. Their packaging always came off to me more toward younger girls. But I love it so far.

      Delete
  2. I've been searching out for foundation as I don't normally wear it before. Thanks for the recommendation :)

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend this to anyone. It goes on so nicely and it's very light. You don't even need a powder over top it's just part of my routine. But this foundation is like wearing nothing and still does a good job hiding blemishes.

      xx

      Delete