Thursday, April 24, 2014

Makeup Haul!


Hello lovies! I hope you're day was fantastic. I decided to stop at Ulta today on my way home from work today and pick up some goodies. I was dying for a new palette to try out and play with and I was in need of some new makeup brushes.

First off, I really wanted to try out some of Too Faced products. Their packaging is so adorable and I hear many good things about them. I really wanted to try out the Chocolate Bar palette, but that was just not in my budget for this week. Plus I didn't want to spend $50 on another palette that I don't really know the quality of, because I never used this brand before. I normally stick to drug store, or Urban Decay palettes. I have never really stepped out of my comfort zone when trying out eyeshadows.



So I decided to grab the new Boudoir Eyes palette. It comes in 9 wearable shades that you can use day or night. They pretty much stick to the neutral side. Some are darker. So its a good mix, in my opinion. It is a tin palette, which I love! The only palette I own that is not tin is my Naked palette (the first one) and even though I love that palette so much, I hate that it isn't very sturdy to travel with. Speaking of traveling with, I believe this is the perfect palette to do that with. Not only because it is tin, but it is a relatively small size. And with all the varieties of colors it has you wouldn't need to bring another with. The palette also comes with a little How-To Glamour Guide, with 3 different looks (day, classic, and fashion) that show you step-by-step how to achieve.


Another thing I love about this palette is the shade names. They are so naughty! The three bigger ones on the side are In The Buff, Satin Sheets, and Birthday Suit (listed top to bottom). The smaller shades are Fuzzy Handcuffs, Sugar Walls, and Lap Dance (top to bottom middle) and also Voulez-Vous, Garter Belt, and French Tickler (top to bottom right). These names are so funny, I can't help but giggle. But I am also very excited to try them out and create some awesome looks.




The next thing I got, is the Real Techniques brushes. I really wanted to pick up a new blush brush because my Crown Brush blush brush just wasn't making me happy, and I do have the Real Techniques powder brush which I really loved, so I wanted to give it another try. But when I went into Ulta they were having a buy one get one 50% off, so I decided why not? So not only did I get a blush brush, I also picked up the stippling brush as well.

 
 
The last and final thing I got, was the NYC Expert Last lipstick. Normally, I will not opt to buy an NYC or a Wet and Wild lip stick because I feel like they just aren't very well formulated. I also have to be careful with what I do get for my lips, because they are extremely sensitive, and I'm allergic to any lippies with added scents to them. But this color was just gorgeous. And for $1.99 I mean c'mon, even if I use it once to try on it wouldn't kill me. I picked up the shade 405 Blue Rose and it's a very pretty violet red color with a blue undertone in it. When I swatched it, to my surprise, it was actually pretty decently vibrant to color. So we'll give this a shot and see how it goes.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed reading this! Let me know if there is any looks you want to see with the palette I just got, I am very excited to try it out. Thank you for reading!
 

4 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie! Thanks for the comment on my blog- yours is so cute! I have the real techniques blush brush and I would be lost without it!

    I'm following you back now on Google friend connect :) Keep up the amazing work

    http://www.poorlittlerichchick.blogspot.com

    kisses xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and following my blog! But I am in LOVE with this blush brush. It's so soft and just is amazing.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!
    I have heard so many good things about real technique brushes but have never tried them!
    That palette looks lush too!

    Following you on GFC :)

    www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely would recommend using the Real Techniques brushes. They are so good and they are so affordable.

      Thanks for commenting and following me!

      xx

      Delete