Monday, May 12, 2014

May Birchbox


It's that time of the month again. And I don't mean THAT time of the month. No it's the one where I check the mail 5 times a day to see if my Birchbox has arrived, and it finally has.

However, I am pretty disappointed with the stuff I have received in this box and last month's box. I didn't write a post about what I got in my April Birchbox, because I forgot to take pictures of what was inside, but it did contain an eyeliner, a nail polish, a hair softner, BB cream, and some granola. It wasn't horrible, there was quite a few things I have used in last month's box that I really did end up liking. This box however contained nothing I was interested in.


First thing I got was the CoTZ facial sunscreen in natural tone and SPF 40. I do understand why they would have included this in this month's box, because of the fact that it is getting warmer out, and you need to protect your skin, especially your face, from the harmful sun rays. But, I was not impressed. I have many face mostuirzers and even some foundations that have an SPF to it, and normally if I plan on being outside all day I don't put any makeup on and use only sunscreen in the highest SPF I can find. So this wasn't all that great.



Next, I got the Number 4 High Performance Hair Care Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner. It is a sulfate-free, botanical-rich cleanser that is supposed to give you voluminous hair. Now I love volumizing shampoos as much as the next person, I am always looking for something to give me more height to my hair. But really? The shampoo comes in a travel size bottle, which I'm okay with, but the conditioner comes in a foil packet! Why?! Is it really that hard to give us another travel sized bottle? I don't know about you but I like using the same conditioner that correlates with my shampoo. I don't know why, but I do, and this foil packet is a one time thing, and I can get at least 5 uses out of the travel sized bottle.


Next, I got the Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream in Acai Grapefruit. This is a very small bottle for a sample, in my opinion. But the packaging is cute and it does smell really nice. I haven't tried it yet, but it's one of the better things I got this month.


Then I got SmartyPants All-in-One Gummy Vitamins for Adults. I was fine with granola last month, I actually really liked it but vitamins, really? C'mon! Not only that but there were only two in the package! I don't understand why I got this. I was so utterly disappointed by this the most. I'm sorry but I don't want to sample vitamins. I already take my multi-vitamins every morning, and to me a vitamin is a vitamin, I'm not picky! This was also the only thing I sampled so far, and they didn't even taste good. Yeah, not happy at all.


Lastly, and probably the only thing I am excited to try is the LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Purple. This is a stick lip color and it's supposed to be very smooth and very glossy. I do like my purple colors too, I this was the only saving grace for this month's box. The packaging of this was also really nice. I haven't swatched this color on yet, so hopefully it is as nice as it seems.

As you can probably tell I am very upset with this box. It's just not what I was hoping for. I do not feel like I got my $10 worth in my Birchbox. They need to step up their game and send a little more. Honestly if I got more makeup and less hair care products I'd be happy. I signed up for this subscription to try out products I normally wouldn't have. And yeah I wouldn't have tried this products because its not worth it. Hopefully next month will be better, but if not it seems like I'll be hoping on the Ipsy bandwagon soon enough.

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment