Thursday, May 15, 2014

Reader's Review | Divergent



Okay so I know I'm late on the bandwagon, but who cares! I just finished reading Divergent by Veronica Roth last night and let me tell you it was intense. This review may have some spoilers so you are warned. Skip the part where I start out talking about the characters if you don't want to get spoiled ; ).

If you don't already know Divergent is one of the most popular books amongst the teens now a days and they already have a movie out. I haven't seen the movie yet because I really wanted to have the story line behind me when I go in it. 

This book closely resembled to Hunger Games, which I loved, but also has very different points. Both books take place in the future and has an uprising against the government story line. However, I felt Divergent was more intense and easier to relate to which made it scary. 

I loved the book! There's no other way of saying it. It was written perfectly and it just kept sucking you in. It was so hard to put it down. I also loved that there was a romantic plot in it as well. Who doesn't love romance when you know one of them can easily be killed off any second? I know I do. 

There is suspense in every page you read. You never know what is going to end up happening. Towards the end of the book I was completely shocked with what happened and now I'm dying to find out what continues. 

As for the characters, they are amazing. I feel like they all are my friends. Tris, the main character, is probably almost as cool as Katniss (I'm sorry but Katniss will always be the best and most fierce). But Tris is tough. She went through a lot during her initiation and still ended up overpowering everyone. Well it also helps that she is Divergent, so she can't be easily taken down by people's attempts. Then there's Four. He is also Divergent and the love interest of Tris., and to anyone who reads the book. He is the definition of the perfect guy! Strong, tough, smart, and very caring and protective. I also love that he has an interesting back story. It makes him way more human and relatable. 

Now I don't want to give away too much, but if you've read Hunger Games and enjoyed it this is definitely a must read. Also if you like plots that are dark but still romantic, seriously give this a go. It absorbs you and holds on to you til the end. I'm starting the second book in the series Insurgent tonight, so check back soon for another review. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment