Wednesday, April 2, 2014

How I Met Your Mother Finale


So this took me a few days to actually be able to compose myself after watching this. I have been a dedicated HIMYM fan from the beginning, and when we finally met the mother I was so in love with her. She is absolutely perfect for Ted. However, I did not expect the series to end like this at all. First, I was heartbroken, then it turned into anger, and now it's more of disappointment. Now if you have not seen the final episode yet, stop reading! There will be major spoilers in here that will tear you apart!

First off, I can't believe the mother died! Ah, I could not stop crying when Ted told his kids about her getting sick and then eventually dying. It gets worse! He ends up with Robin. What the heck?! This whole series was based off of how Robin did not love Ted, and then he ends up with her, c'mon now.
But besides from that, I see why they ended the series the way they did. This wasn't supposed to be a story about your typical fairy tale romance where everything is perfect, and they end up living happily ever after. No, it is about life. Which makes it worse. You get the good and the bad.

Now I loved Tracy from the moment she came into the series. She reminds me so much of myself, with her bright big eyed look, and her quirky sayings, and just her all around cuteness. From the moment she came into the show and they were showing her and Ted together, it reminded me so much of my relationship. I loved that the creators waited for them to get married, because guess what, life does get in the way. It doesn't stop. You end up with things happening that puts your plans on hold. But even though it wasn't what how they expected their relationship to go, it was still beautiful. So seeing her die, was like seeing myself go. It was horrible.

Another thing that I loved in this episode was Barney. I knew him and Robin wouldn't last. I mean it's Barney for crying out loud. But when he was talking to his daughter Ellie for the first time, I broke down in tears. It was such a beautifully written scene, and I grew to like Barney even more.
Now, as for the last scene in the finale, that is what made me upset. Ted ends up with Robin. I get it that he needed to move on and everything, but with Robin?! No, not okay. She told him she didn't love him. She had chance after chance to be with him, and now they get back together, after all that?!
But other than that, the finale was perfect. As much as it sucks to say. I didn't want it to end the way it was supposed to. I wanted to see more of Tracy and Ted together. I didn't want it to end. They were just so perfect and happy. But as I said, life isn't perfect, and a lot of the times it isn't happy either.

All I can ask for now is a HIMYM spin off! I want more Ted and Tracy, Lily and Marshall, and Barney and his baby! I am completely lost without them now. I really hope (although it's horribly unlikely to happen) that there will be a new series about how Ted and Tracy grew and developed as a couple. I'd love to see them have children, as Ted probably passes out in the delivery room, their silly fights that they will kiss and make up anyways, and to see their struggles throughout life. I just want more!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment