Monday, April 7, 2014

Relax...Take It All Off


Today was just one of those Mondays that just completely drains all of the happiness you have left inside of you. Between working 8 hours each day, helping my sick dad, helping my single-mom take care of 3 younger kids and a house, feed and take care of two dogs and two guinea pigs, while still trying to get my bio homework done and carry on having a successful relationship; I have to say I'm pretty exhausted. And this has just been one day. For the past three years my life has been chaotic.
With stress and anxiety built up every day it's pretty hard to remember that I need to take care of myself too. That means I gotta learn to sit down and breathe. Sure it sounds like an easy thing to do, but I very much neglect to do this.
 
I reminded myself today that I just need to take everything off. No makeup, no hair products, and yes no bra! This also meant no homework, no studying, no worrying about work, just take time to myself. Just set aside sometime in my day to relax.
Now, I recommend that everyone should do this. I'm not the only one who has a hectic schedule where 24 hours just doesn't seem like enough. At least once a week, remember you have to take care of you! It's hard I know. But you'll thank yourself for doing this. And others around you will too. You will become a more at ease and happy.
 
First off, take all that uncomfortable junk off that you have to deal with all day **especially that bra!**. Take a hot shower, or better yet a bubble bath, use your favorite smells. Wash all of your makeup off and wash your hair, while massasing your scalp. Take an extra 5 minutes longer than you need too. Don't rush. To remove my makeup I used the Olay Pro-X Cleansing System, which is pretty much a cheaper version of the Clarisonic. I also used the Olay Fresh Effects in Honeysuckle and White Tea to clean off any sweat, oil, and dirt that has built up into my pores the past few weeks. Also, after you shower, remember to moisturize your skin. It will keep the fresh feeling lasting longer and your skin will feel smoother. 

Then, remember to put on comfy clothes. You are stuck in tight fitting clothes that make you uncomfortable and hard for your skin to breathe all day. A baggy tshirt and sweat pants aren't exactly attractive but who cares they are so comfy.
 
Now, I decided to give myself a miny facial. I used the Freeman Facial Clay Mask in Chocolate & Strawberry. Not only does this do great things for your skin, like moisturize, nourish, and helps your skin tone, it smells amaze balls! It's like a dessert for your face! I let it completely dry and then rinse it off with warm water and then I use my Cetaphil face lotion to finish it off. 

Lastly, indulge! Make a cup of tea. It will help you relax and get to sleep faster (make sure to use caffeine-free tea). Make yourself a healthy snack. Healthy doesn't mean gross. Fruit salads are delicious and sweet. Use nature's candy instead of the artificial stuff from stores that aren't healthy. My favorite snack is celery sticks with peanut butter. Also put on some tunes that will lift your spirits. I love listening to Disney music. It is very easy to sing-along to and is very uplifting. It makes you feel like a kid again! My favorite right now is frozen. **do you want to build a snowman? ^.^**

Some other things you can do is to let it out. Don't keep your feelings inside. Talk to a friend or a parent. Or if you don't want to talk to anyone write it down. Keep a journal by you or keep a journal on your computer if you are worried about privacy. You don't even have to keep it. You can always throw it away when your done.
 
I hope this helps! Taking care of yourself is the most important thing you could do. Don't be afraid to bare it all, and have fun. I love you all, and tune in soon for another post! 
<3 kisses and hugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment