Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lippie Review | Lime Crime Lipstick (Geradium)


Hello lovies! Hope you all had a good weekend! Today, I am writing my first ever Lippie Review! I decided to do this one on one of my most favorite lipsticks in my collection.


I bought this lipstick a little over a month ago, pretty much because everyone else on the planet has one so I wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Now this is a really big talked about company, Lime Crime. If you don't know about this company, they sell amazingly colored lipsticks. And when I mean amazing I mean they are crazy opaque colors. And not just your simple everyday lipstick colors. These are bright, fun, crazy colors. Some of them are so crazy, that it is very hard to see yourself wearing them out of the house. However, the one I ordered was one of the more wearable shades they offer.



I got the lipstick color Geradium and it is the perfect Barbie pink lipstick. The color glides on so smoothly and you only need a few swipes of it to really build up the color. However, I do recommend to really scrub you lips with a sugar scrub (I use lush sugar lip scrubs) and use a good chapstick to build a good canvas for your color to stick to. I recommend doing this with any lipsticks really, just to avoid any flakiness that may happen. Also, it helps the color to apply onto your lips more evenly.


The Lime Crime lipsticks are only sold online. I bought mine through eBay but they do have a website as well. The lipsticks are $18 each (not including shipping and taxes), and their popular shades do sell out quick and are usually not in stock when I try to order them. Now $18 for a lipstick may seem like a lot, but the thing with Lime Crime is that their lipsticks are vegan and cruelty free, which means there are no chemicals in their products and they are NOT tested on animals. I really appreciate that in a company, so to me $18 is a very reasonable price. 

 
So would I recommend this product to anyone? Yes I would. First of all the packaging is so cute!!! Who wouldn't want to have one of these in their collection. That was the main selling point for me. Secondly, the color is amazing and bright, and it is such a smooth consistency. And lastly, they are just so fun to play around. I am definitely ordering some more myself in the future to add to my collection. But if you are looking for a fun bright lipstick, this one is for you. And hats off to anyone who would wear the blue, yellow, or green shades out of the house!

Thanks for reading, and let me know if there is anything you want me to write about on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment